COBA/Select Sires Inc. Employment Opportunities
We are continually seeking highly qualified professionals to join our team. For details on available positions visit the COBA Select website.
Select Reproductive Solutions Specialist
Purpose of Position
COBA Select Sires, Inc. is seeking interested applicants for a Select Reproduction Solutions® (SRS®) specialist position in Western Ohio. The position utilizes the reproductive skills and knowledge of COBA SRS personnel to help dairy and beef producers improve the reproductive performance and efficiency of their operations. The SRS specialist will work closely with area Reproductive Services Client Managers (RSCM) and RSCM supervisors to insure the team is performing at its highest level. The SRS specialist will also work closely with COBA District Sales Managers, Select Mating Service evaluators, Select Sires personnel and other SRS specialists to consistently utilize the genetic product and reproductive programs and services offered by COBA in serving the needs of its member-owner-customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in agricultural science discipline or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with reproductive and genetic programs
- High degree of proficiency and experience in artificial insemination and synchronization protocol
- Strong understanding and experience in AI technician programs
- Workable understanding and experience with Dairy Comp 305, PC Dart, DHI Plus records programs
- Knowledge and experience in herd reproduction program analysis
- High computer skill level especially with the Microsoft Office core programs of Excel and Word
- Excellence in communication skills
- Proven excellence in performance of working with program teams
- Must possess outstanding organizational and reporting skills
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be willing to travel
- Maintaining residence in western Ohio
Compensation will be commensurate with degree of qualifications and related experience. Salary, commissions, company vehicle and benefits package of 401K, health, vision and dental insurance included.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their experience and qualifications. Please submit all information via email to email@example.com by October 31, 2018. Requests for interviews will follow thereafter.
COBA/Select Sires is a member of the Select Sires Inc. federation of nine farmer-owned-and-controlled cooperatives. It provides highly fertile semen as well as excellence in service and programs to achieve its basic objective of supplying livestock breeders with America's best genetics at a reasonable price.
®Select Reproductive Solutions and SRS are registered trademarks of Select Sires Inc.