Select Sires Inc. Employment Opportunities
Select Sires is a dynamic global organization that is committed to developing and delivering innovative genetic solutions. We believe that people truly are the cornerstone of our success.
At Select Sires, we demand the best of ourselves, our company and are truly passionate for what we do for our customers. To attain this goal, we want to surround ourselves with the best, the brightest and the most aggressive professionals. At Select Sires, you will be part of the solution to make a difference to address the world’s growing food requirements with environmentally sustainable solutions.
Livestock Tecnician (Westby, Wis.)
Select Sires Inc. is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Livestock Technician. This position is located at our facility in Westby, Wis. Candidate must be self-directed, detail-oriented and organized.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling bulls for collection
- Providing complete care of bulls and animals to include reporting health and condition, assisting veterinarians with herd testing, and assisting with feeding and stall management and all related barn and farm chores
- Assisting with the management of facilities and equipment
- Assisting in farming and harvesting operations
The work schedule is Monday through Friday from 5:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Holiday and weekend work on a rotating schedule is required. Other overtime opportunities may be required as needed. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs.
Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Dealth Insurance, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Qualifed candidates (internal and external) must submit resume with salary requirements and empolyment history by Tuesday, July 31, 2018 to email@example.com.
This is an hourly, nonexempt position and will report to the Westby facility Barn Supervisor. All applicants will be given full consideration, but are not guaranteed an interview.
Export Documents Processor
Select Sires is a dynamic global organization that is committed to developing and delivering innovative genetic solutions. We believe that people truly are the cornerstone of our success. At Select Sires, we demand the best of ourselves, our company and are truly passionate for what we do for our customers. To attain this goal, we want to surround ourselves with the best, the brightest and the most aggressive professionals. At Select Sires, you will be part of the solution to make a difference to address the world’s growing food requirements with environmentally sustainable solutions.
Due to the upcoming retirement of the incumbent, we are actively seeking a passionate, highly-motivated individual for the position of Export Documents Processor for our HQ facility in Plain City, Ohio to enter data, coordinate, format and produce all required documentation, maintain database, and communicate status of weekly export shipments for World Wide Sires Ltd.
Candidate must be able to:
- Prepare, check, and compare documents, forms, health papers, and other materials for accuracy, completeness, grammar, and format
- Effectively maintain and track the documentation flow between the Marketing department, Veterinary department, USDA-APHIS, World Wide Sires and other departments of Select
- Update proprietary databases by inputting select data for sales orders and shipments – compile, create, format, and distribute reports and other documents
- Maintain the lines of communication within marketing department, order department staff at World Wide Sires, and internal and external inquiries
- Conduct activities in a professional and responsible manner
- Demonstrated understanding of workflow logic, client service, exquisite communication, interpersonal relations, and problem solving
- Intermediate computer skill level with ability to accurately prepare a wide variety of correspondence and reports in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Internet Browsers to enter data into proprietary programs
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency, perform well under stress
- Remain highly organized and proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Bright, creative and open-minded thinker
- Strong team orientation, take ownership of providing timely, correct and complete documents
- Fundamental understanding of AI industry, preferred
- Must have valid driver's license and be insurable under the company's automobile insurance policy
This is an hourly, nonexempt position and will report to the Operations Manager, Sales & Marketing Department (Chris Sayers).
Qualified candidates (internal and external) must submit résumé with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of résumés and interviews will commence immediately and will end when the position is filled.
Laboratory and Processing Technician - Plain City, OH
We are actively seeking a passionate, highly-motivated individual for the position of Laboratory and Processing Technician for the Plain City, Ohio office to work in a team environment. Position serves as floater employee for all positions in the semen production and processing laboratories to evaluate, process, freeze, cane and move high quality semen from Laboratory Department through Processing Department to Shipping Department.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm, subject to change to meet departmental needs. Occasional overtime and/or weekend work will be required. This non-exempt position reports to the Processing Coordinator (Bill Cremeans).
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate motility and concentration of world-renowned bull semen
- Enter data in proprietary computer processing program
- Verify calculations
- Pipette and extend semen
- Print packages using jet print system
- Fill, seal, rack, freeze, and store straws
- Set-up, clean, and restock laboratory
- Sanitize glassware and equipment
- Operate any equipment needed to perform job
- Detect and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the laboratory and/or production supervisor
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
Skills required are:
- Computer proficiency
- Will train to use proprietary programs and software
- Proficient in basic laboratory procedures – microscopy, pipetting, and dilution
- Able to work meticulously with detail and high emphasis on quality
- Ability to prioritize tasks while working independently and under time constraints
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fundamental understanding of AI industry
- Associate Degree or higher in Animal or Dairy Science, preferred but not required
Current employees should complete an internal application (available at the Receptionist Desk) and submit to Cathy Miller (Manager of Human Resources). Non-employees should complete a job application available at the Receptionist Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Review of applications and interviews will commence immediately and will end when the position is filled. Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Background check and pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. All applicants will be given full consideration, but are not guaranteed an interview.
Multimedia Communications Specialist
Select Sires, Inc. seeks an innovative Multimedia Communications Specialist to develop multi-channel digital marketing outreach communications, as well as a comprehensive range of training programs to help drive the professional development of the Select Sires workforce. This position will concept and develop responsive multi-channel digital marketing and training materials to include corporate websites, eNewsletters, social media content, mini websites and video/multimedia communications to meet company objectives of building a strong marketing image, increased audience awareness, and positive sales growth. This role partners with other communications team members in the planning, execution, delivery and measurement of the effectiveness of multimedia projects under supervision of the director of communications.
- Ensure all projects have consistency with corporate look and brand image including style, tone and quality
- Collaborate with communications department members on scripting of video and multimedia productions
- Translate conceptual ideas and business needs into high-end interactive multimedia using computer graphics, illustrations, audio, sound effects, motion graphics, video, animation, and special effects and edit final pieces to uphold Select Sires’ brand image
- Apply current web usability principles and multimedia best practices, including cross-browser device compatibility to all projects
- Participate in proofreading of all pieces created by the communications team
- Effectively communicate with all levels of technical and business resources
- Effectively communicate relevant project information, including project changes and challenges as they arise, to the director of communications
- Suggest new ideas/concepts/technology to improve marketing and team effectiveness
- Manage duplication and distribution of multimedia materials
- Operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Attend conferences and events as needed to fulfill job responsibilities and complete projects
- Coordinate the post-sire summary audio update including recording and editing audio clips and coordinating with outside vendor (after each sire summary)
- Coordinate and conduct webinars
- Help plan and execute National Sales Conference and other meetings hosted by Select Sires
- Create event mini websites with input from key Select Sires staff
- Develop online registration with input from key Select Sires staff
- Help coordinate attendee packets/itineraries
- Organize and coordinate all audio/visual needs during a conference
Skills required include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Dairy or Animal Sciences, Marketing/Communications, Multimedia Design or Public Relations and related work experience preferred
- Proficient in audio editing, sound mixing, and video recording, editing and production using tools for PC environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Considerable experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially
- After Effects
- Flash Professional
- Knowledge of video formats for delivery to multiple platforms: Internet, smart phones, iPad, etc.
- Experience using AVS Video Converter, SnagIt, Camtasia Studio, Aptana Studio and Adobe LiveCycle Designer or comparable programs would be a plus
- Ability to consult and collaborate with diverse individuals and departments on complex marketing or training issues, as well as ability to evaluate and present effective solutions
- Ability to develop metrics to track project effectiveness
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within communications and design areas
- Have ability to prioritize/reprioritize as necessary in order to meet deadlines
- Take initiative and have curiosity. This dynamic environment requires team players with high levels of energy and desire to succeed.
- Possess strong teamwork and communication skills to work pro-actively and effectively with marketing and communications team members, IT resources, outside vendors, and member staff to deliver projects within timelines and budgets
- Have strong project management skills to deliver projects within timelines and on budget
- Be organized and self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a passion for and commitment to the dairy and beef industries through strong involvement in related organizations or prior experiences and/or background within the industry. A firm knowledge of these industries as well as artificial insemination is a must.
Qualified candidates should email a résumé with salary requirement and employment history to email@example.com. Review of résumés and interviews will commence immediately and will end when the position is filled. Portfolio of work samples (online or pdf format preferred) will be required at interview.
This non-exempt position is located at Select Sires, Inc. headquarters in Plain City, Ohio. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview. Pre-employment drug screen and background checks are mandatory.
Ohio Livestock Technicians
Select Sires, Inc. is seeking several Livestock Technicians. Work schedules and duties vary per facility for these non-exempt positions. All work schedules are subject to change to meet departmental needs. Candidate must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized
Kellgren and Hecker Centers - Reports to Joel Boysel/Lance Ridge
Livestock Technician duties include, but are not limited to:
- Bull handling for semen collection
- Stall cleaning, feeding, any and all related barn chores
- Other tasks as assigned
The work schedule is based on ten (10) hour days and four (4) days per week, rotational scheduling requires some weekend work. The hours are 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Overtime opportunities are available.
HDQ Chichester Center - Reports to Jim Pond and Dave Adkins
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing complete care of bulls and animals to include reporting health and condition, assisting with feeding and stall management
- Assisting with the management of silos and related equipment
- Cleaning hay and feed storage barns
The work schedule is 4:30 am to 1:00 pm on rotating days that include working some weekends. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs for this non-exempt position.
Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and free Milk and Coffee throughout the work week.
Candidates must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized. Please complete a job application available at the Receptionist Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Beef Sales Representatives
Want to join a fun, hardworking, progressive group of people that are team-oriented and focused on customer success? Select Sires is seeking independent Beef Sales Representatives (BSR).
We are looking for highly motivated, sales professionals interested in developing a business that provides leading genetic and reproductive services to beef producers in their local area. Expect unmatched field support, industry leading training, access to the highest fertility semen and most complete beef sire line-up in the industry, all backed by a team of people dedicated to helping you grow your business.
A successful Beef Sales Representative may have a 2 to 4 year degree in an agricultural related field or equivalent experience, sales experience, strong community and industry relationships, and a passion for beef genetics, reproduction, and customer success.
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
If you are passionate about beef genetics, reproduction and customer success and are looking to develop your own business, contact us at:
Select Sires Beef Department
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Background checks and a pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. All applicants will be given full consideration, but are not guaranteed an interview.