Select Sires Inc. Employment Opportunities
Project Management Office Director
Select Sires, Inc seeks a dynamic, seasoned Project Management Office Director to direct and oversee the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure IT programs and projects meet organizational goals and requirements. Incumbent will develop and implement PMO processes and policies, direct project management staff, and work with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. Standardize project management processes, tools, techniques and templates. Maintain a repository for project proposals, plans, status reports and change requests. Oversee multiple IT projects, and ensure the projects align with business goals and values. Improve project management capabilities in the federation by providing training, mentoring and coaching to personnel to increase their competence and skills. Conduct post-project reviews to document the lessons learned and continuously improve the IT project management process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee large, long range, and/or multiple complex projects
- PMO works with project teams to ensure documentation, supporting materials, and project plans are updated and readily available for internal teams and senior leaders.
- Assess the project delivery, completeness, and alignment with stated objectives and goals
- Establish and maintain a formal Change Request Process and approve project baselines.
- Identify potential risks, assess total account exposure and monitor plans
- Develop QM processes utilizing specialized Quality Management resources. Conduct project reviews.
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Establish and monitor program priorities, objectives, and procedures, determining area objectives, targets of service, and resource needs allocation
- Provide leadership and direction to the functional team so that tasks and activities are coordinated for project scope control, quality control, communication management, change control management, risk management, and issue management
- Develop, establish and oversee project prioritization process, and work request process
- Align portfolio with client and Select Sires’ strategic goals
- Develop and maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence
- Serve as liaison between the team and the customer/users concerning requests, standards, and other program and project matters
- Coordinate work activities by scheduling assignments, setting the work priorities, and directing the work of assigned employees (including contractual) in the development of new information technology systems and enhancements to existing systems
- Provide input on project team member performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques
- Identify staff development and training needs and ensure that training is obtained, when necessary
- Lead quality assurance
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Present to stakeholders’ reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluate and assess result of project
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques
Required Education and Skills
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in program/project management, portfolio management, systems development methodology
- Manage and deploy initiatives by influence, facilitate working sessions, and negotiable solutions and alternatives
- Facilitate-coordinate project meetings and proper completion of the project
- Thorough knowledge of system development lifecycle used for the development of new systems and enhancements to existing systems
- Develop and execute a timeline for project completion, create a project dashboard, outlining both the projects currently underway and those on the backlog, with their priority according to the overall business objectives.
- Develop and deliver presentations, training sessions and demos
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree
- 10-15 years of IT and business/industry work experience
- 3-5 years of program/project management experience
- 3-5 years of equivalent leadership
Please submit resume with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 20, 2018. Review of résumés and interviews will commence immediately and will end when the position is filled.
Select Sires Inc offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, along with Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, Accident and Legal plans.
Multimedia Communications Specialist
Select Sires, Inc. seeks an innovative Multimedia Communications Specialist to develop multi-channel digital marketing outreach communications, as well as a comprehensive range of training programs to help drive the professional development of the Select Sires workforce. This position will concept and develop responsive multi-channel digital marketing and training materials to include corporate websites, eNewsletters, social media content, mini websites and video/multimedia communications to meet company objectives of building a strong marketing image, increased audience awareness, and positive sales growth. This role partners with other communications team members in the planning, execution, delivery and measurement of the effectiveness of multimedia projects under supervision of the director of communications.
- Ensure all projects have consistency with corporate look and brand image including style, tone and quality
- Collaborate with communications department members on scripting of video and multimedia productions
- Translate conceptual ideas and business needs into high-end interactive multimedia using computer graphics, illustrations, audio, sound effects, motion graphics, video, animation, and special effects and edit final pieces to uphold Select Sires’ brand image
- Apply current web usability principles and multimedia best practices, including cross-browser device compatibility to all projects
- Participate in proofreading of all pieces created by the communications team
- Effectively communicate with all levels of technical and business resources
- Effectively communicate relevant project information, including project changes and challenges as they arise, to the director of communications
- Suggest new ideas/concepts/technology to improve marketing and team effectiveness
- Manage duplication and distribution of multimedia materials
- Operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Attend conferences and events as needed to fulfill job responsibilities and complete projects
- Coordinate the post-sire summary audio update including recording and editing audio clips and coordinating with outside vendor (after each sire summary)
- Coordinate and conduct webinars
- Help plan and execute National Sales Conference and other meetings hosted by Select Sires
- Create event mini websites with input from key Select Sires staff
- Develop online registration with input from key Select Sires staff
- Help coordinate attendee packets/itineraries
- Organize and coordinate all audio/visual needs during a conference
Skills required include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Dairy or Animal Sciences, Marketing/Communications, Multimedia Design or Public Relations and related work experience preferred
- Proficient in audio editing, sound mixing, and video recording, editing and production using tools for PC environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Considerable experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially
- After Effects
- Flash Professional
- Knowledge of video formats for delivery to multiple platforms: Internet, smart phones, iPad, etc.
- Experience using AVS Video Converter, SnagIt, Camtasia Studio, Aptana Studio and Adobe LiveCycle Designer or comparable programs would be a plus
- Ability to consult and collaborate with diverse individuals and departments on complex marketing or training issues, as well as ability to evaluate and present effective solutions
- Ability to develop metrics to track project effectiveness
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within communications and design areas
- Have ability to prioritize/reprioritize as necessary in order to meet deadlines
- Take initiative and have curiosity. This dynamic environment requires team players with high levels of energy and desire to succeed.
- Possess strong teamwork and communication skills to work pro-actively and effectively with marketing and communications team members, IT resources, outside vendors, and member staff to deliver projects within timelines and budgets
- Have strong project management skills to deliver projects within timelines and on budget
- Be organized and self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a passion for and commitment to the dairy and beef industries through strong involvement in related organizations or prior experiences and/or background within the industry. A firm knowledge of these industries as well as artificial insemination is a must.
Qualified candidates should email a résumé with salary requirement and employment history to email@example.com. Review of résumés and interviews will commence immediately and will end when the position is filled. Portfolio of work samples (online or pdf format preferred) will be required at interview.
This non-exempt position is located at Select Sires, Inc. headquarters in Plain City, Ohio. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview. Pre-employment drug screen and background checks are mandatory.
Administrative, Safety & Logistics Assistant
Select Sires, Inc, a leader in bovine genetics, seeks a responsible Administrative, Safety & Logistics Assistant to assist in daily office needs and managing departmental administrative, safety and logistical activities. This environment will best suit a candidate with high energy, a flexible and positive attitude, extreme attention to details with the ability to be very organized. The incumbent will work closely with different department heads, supervisors and employees.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Assemble information, compile data, create and disseminate documents and reports
- Update departmental emergency contact list
- Prepare invoices for items sold
- Key contact for employee and livestock health, safety, and welfare programs
- Review, update and maintain departmental procedures and practices
- Order and maintain inventory of company basic health supplies
- Manage pre-entry bull procurement program
- Create initial data file on bulls entering the program
- Work with veterinarians to ensure bulls meet required health and physical exams
- Assist in maintaining proprietary database
- Enter data on new, transferring, and departing bulls
- Assign code numbers to bulls
- Enter herd health data into database
- Generate and provide updated time-essential reports
- Coordinate with transportation department to achieve the goals of the All-in/All Out program
- Prepare interstate health certificates
- Track transportation and associated costs for budget preparation
- Manage and review driver compliance program, log reports, record mileage and fuel per vehicle, and prepare regulatory and tax reports
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with exquisite communication and people skills
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and accurate data-entry skills
The work schedule is Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and will be subject to change to meet departmental needs. Occasional overtime may be required. This hourly, non-exempt position reports to the VP of Production Operations.
Please submit resume with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13, 2018.
Human Resources Coordinator - Westby, Wis.
Select Sires, Inc. seeks an efficient Human Resources Coordinator for the Westby, Wis. facility to provide specialized administrative human resources support. Position will facilitate functions such as occupational safety/workers comp, employee health and safety, payroll, benefits, leave, training, policies, recruiting, and with the day to day functions of the HR Department. This role involves performing tasks with a focus to grow Select Sires’ talent pipeline. Ultimately, position will foster a healthy workplace by ensuring HR procedures run smoothly. Position must contribute to that attainment of specific departmental and organizational goals.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Risk Management: Identify, report, and provide solutions for occupational safety programs and issues, and ensure regulatory compliance
- Oversee safety manual, safety data sheets, OSHA 300 log, and other related programs
- Work with managers and supervisors to conduct and/or provide required training
- Workforce Planning and Employment: Develop recruiting plan with managers. Schedule, coordinate and conduct interviews, complete new hire paperwork, to include initial drug screenings and background checks
- Assist supervisors to analyze job duties, write job descriptions, and evaluate job performance
- HR Development: Coordinate and schedule orientation, onboarding, and training sessions
- Administer health and welfare plans, conduct benefits meetings, resolve concerns
- Administrative: Research, compile, and provide routine and other HR reports (i.e. overtime, vacation reports, personal auto use, success sharing, workers comp, EEOC, etc.)
- Assist with accurate payroll processing and reporting
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports, documents, and presentations. Data entry, maintenance, and report writing
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant HR/administrative position
- Knowledge of HR processes and best practices
- Working knowledge in the areas of Workers Compensation, OSHA, and governmental requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to work well under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and comfortable presenting information
- Able to handle confidential information and maintain the highest legal and ethical standards
- Willing and able to work outdoors, indoors, barn areas, around bulls, and in hot, cold, wet, and/or dry conditions
- Willing and able to access and audit elevated spaces, confined spaces, machinery safety, barn safety, lab safety, office safety, PPE, lock-out/tag-out, etc.
- Passion for the agricultural industry
The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and will be subject to change to meet departmental needs. Occasional overtime may be required. Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, along with Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, Accident and Legal plans.
Please submit resume with salary requirement to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 18, 2018. Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
Laboratory Technician - Westby, Wis.
Select Sires, Inc. is seeking a Laboratory Technician. Candidate must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized. This position will be located at our facility in Westby, Wis. and will report to Amanda Solverson.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating motility and concentration of semen using microscope
- CASA system and/or flow cytometer
- Entering date into computer processing program
- Verifying calculations
- Pipetting and extending semen
- Setting up, cleaning, and restocking laboratory
- Sanitizing glassware and equipment
- Other laboratory duties as required
The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 5:30 am to 2:00 pm. Weekend and/or overtime work may be required. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs for this non-exempt position.
Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement.
Current employees should submit an internal application to Cathy Miller by noon on Monday, April 2, 2018. Non-employees should send a resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ohio Livestock Technicians
Select Sires, Inc. is seeking several Livestock Technicians. Work schedules and duties vary per facility for these non-exempt positions. All work schedules are subject to change to meet departmental needs. Candidate must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized
Kellgren and Hecker Centers - Reports to Joel Boysel/Lance Ridge
Livestock Technician duties include, but are not limited to:
- Bull handling for semen collection
- Stall cleaning, feeding, any and all related barn chores
- Other tasks as assigned
The work schedule is based on ten (10) hour days and four (4) days per week, rotational scheduling requires some weekend work. The hours are 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Overtime opportunities are available.
HDQ Chichester Center - Reports to Jim Pond and Dave Adkins
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing complete care of bulls and animals to include reporting health and condition, assisting with feeding and stall management
- Assisting with the management of silos and related equipment
- Cleaning hay and feed storage barns
The work schedule is 4:30 am to 1:00 pm on rotating days that include working some weekends. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs for this non-exempt position.
Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and free Milk and Coffee throughout the work week.
Candidates must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized. Please complete a job application available at the Receptionist Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Beef Sales Representatives
Want to join a fun, hardworking, progressive group of people that are team-oriented and focused on customer success? Select Sires is seeking independent Beef Sales Representatives (BSR).
We are looking for highly motivated, sales professionals interested in developing a business that provides leading genetic and reproductive services to beef producers in their local area. Expect unmatched field support, industry leading training, access to the highest fertility semen and most complete beef sire line-up in the industry, all backed by a team of people dedicated to helping you grow your business.
A successful Beef Sales Representative may have a 2 to 4 year degree in an agricultural related field or equivalent experience, sales experience, strong community and industry relationships, and a passion for beef genetics, reproduction, and customer success.
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
If you are passionate about beef genetics, reproduction and customer success and are looking to develop your own business, contact us at:
Select Sires Beef Department
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Background checks and a pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. All applicants will be given full consideration, but are not guaranteed an interview.