Top (l to r) Matthew Oerly, Colton Creech, Lacey Papageorge and Garrett Springer and bottom (l to r) Kyle Rexing, Sydney Hoffman, Kendall Beyeler, Lance Eide and Shand Hardy.
Select Sires MidAmerica Awards Scholarships to Agriculture Students
LOGAN, Utah, May 31, 2015 - Select Sires MidAmerica, Inc. is pleased to announce the recipients of their 2015 scholarships. Each year, 10 scholarships totaling $10,000 are awarded to children of Select Sires MidAmerica members with preference given to incoming freshman at a university or college majoring in an agriculture-related field. Selection is based on beef and dairy activities, leadership characteristics and dedication and a strong interest in pursuing an ag-related career after graduation.
The 2015 Select Sires MidAmerica scholarship winners are:
- Matthew Oerly, son of Mark and Marcy Oerly from California, Mo., attending the University of Missouri
- Colton Creech, son of Joseph and Marilyn Creech from Cornish, Utah, attending Utah State University
- Lacey Papageorge, daughter of Ted and Debbie Papageorge from Farr West, Utah, attending Utah State University
- Garrett Springer, son of Jeff and Lili Springer from Midvale, Idaho, attending Treasure Valley Community College
- Kyle Rexing, son of Kent and Missy Rexing from Haubstadt, Ind., attending Murray State University
- Sydney Hoffman, daughter of David and Roseann Hoffman from Archie, Mo., attending the University of Missouri–Columbia
- Melissa Jech, daughter of Kevin and Donna Jech from Rushville, Neb., attending Chadron State College
- Kendall Beyeler, daughter of Bryant and LaDonna Beyeler from Leadore, Idaho, attending Brigham Young University-Idaho
- Lance Eide, son of Stacy and Jacque Eide from Clearlake, S.D., attending South Dakota State University
- Shand Hardy, son of Chad and Latisha Hardy from Brigham, Utah, attending Utah State University
Based in Logan, Utah, Select Sires MidAmerica, Inc. is a farmer-owned and controlled cooperative that operates in 11 states throughout mid-America as a member of Select Sires Inc., North America’s largest A.I. organization. As the industry leader, Select Sires provides highly fertile semen as well as excellence in service and programs to achieve its basic objective of supplying beef and dairy producers with North America’s best genetics at a reasonable price.