Udder Care Products
Superior Barrier Post-Dip
With UDDERgold® 5-Star, you get:
- Improved efficacy of the barrier film, due to a combination of germicidal actives, improves environmental mastitis protection
- UDDERgold 5-Star controls broad spectrum of bacteria, including Mycoplasma species, viruses and other pathogens
- UDDERgold 5-Star retains its color better after mixing, so dairy producers will know they are getting the coverage they need
- An increased level of glycerin and additional emollient polymers helps moisturize teats for improved skin health
The results - unsurpassed protection against both contagious and environmental mastitis.
Advanced barrier film gives better germicidal activity
Killing power of the dried barrier film shows a major improvement for UDDERgold 5-Star.
UDDERgold 5-Star represents a major advancement in barrier film technology with a significant improvement in its germicidal properties. It now has an advanced, superior germicidal system to kill mastitis-causing organisms, especially those from the environment-all without losing the ability to seal teat ends between milkings.
Alcide's ASC germicidal system is very powerful yet selective
UDDERgold 5-Star showed a significant reduction in new infections compared to the negative control.
- It kills a broad spectrum of mastitis-causing microorganisms quickly by oxidative attack. Bacteria-including mycobacterium-fungi and viruses have all been shown to be susceptible to Alcide's ASC chemistry.
- It is selective in what it attacks, so it is unaffected by the presence of an organic load, such as milk.
Protection against new infections
- One University test* reported a 96 percent reduction (P,0.01) in new S. aureus infections compared to a negative control when their herd experienced a natural outbreak of S. aureus
Improved color retention
- UDDERgold 5-Star retains its color long after mixing, so you'll know you're getting the coverage you need
- Unlike other teat dips, colorants used in UDDERgold 5-Star have been FDA approved
UDDERgold 5-Star (left) vs. UDDERgold Plus (right) 6 hours after mixing
UDDERgold 5-Star retains its color long after mixing
Tough on bacteria, easy on teat skin
- An increased level of glycerin and additional emollient polymers helps moisturize teats and improves skin health
- Improved skin conditioning is confirmed by clinical testing and field use in a wide range of climatic conditions
UDDERgold 5-Star compared to a high emollient, non-barrier teat dip in the winter of 2002.**
UDDERgold 5-Star gives you the proven performance of UDDERgold Plus-and much, much more. For best results,
use with 4XLA® pre- and post-dip or PRE-GOLD® pre-dip.
UDDERgold 5-Star has been tested under NMC-recommended protocols at both Washington State and Louisiana State Universities.
*Data from Washington State University
**Data from Iowa State University
Contact your professional Select Sires representative for information about UDDERgold 5-Star.®UDDERgold 5-Star is a registered trademark of of Ecolab Inc., St. Paul, MN.
Products listed are merely distributed by Select Sires and manufactured or processed by the company indicated. All claims, representations, and warranties, expressed or implied, are made by the manufacturer. No representations or warranties, expressed or implied, are made by Select Sires.