Select Sires Inc. Employment Opportunities
Select Sires is a dynamic global organization that is committed to developing and delivering innovative genetic solutions. We believe that people truly are the cornerstone of our success.
At Select Sires, we demand the best of ourselves, our company and are truly passionate for what we do for our customers. To attain this goal, we want to surround ourselves with the best, the brightest and the most aggressive professionals. At Select Sires, you will be part of the solution to make a difference to address the world’s growing food requirements with environmentally sustainable solutions.
Beef Business Development Manager
Select Sires, Inc., a dynamic global organization committed to developing and delivering innovative genetic solutions, seeks a Beef Business Development Manager for our beef program and federation membership. This person will focus on training and mentoring beef personnel and beef sales representatives to provide the industry’s leading turn key AI programs and unmatched reproductive and genetic consultation. This person must use his or her skills in networking, training, marketing and communication to further the beef business of our beef specialists, beef representatives, and our international distributors. This includes product and marketing support of international businesses, as well as dissemination of product information to multiple audiences and groups.
- Lead the efforts to develop a beef field mentorship program. Includes working with member managers to identify candidates, both in and outside of Select Sires who can impact our business; and mentor their growth and development.
- Assist member managers in identifying and coaching Beef Sales Representatives with focus on turn key AI, large herd sales training and reproductive management expertise
- Assist with production of comprehensive turn key AI service and reproductive management training materials and marketing tools
- Develop sales training module with focus on converting non-AI users to AI users
- Assist federation members with identifying, acquiring, servicing, and retaining strategic accounts with a high level of customer satisfaction
Public Relations & Marketing
Represent SSI at key beef industry events, on an as needed basis
- Work closely with member organizations to strength our relationship with extension, allied industry, key influencers, and partner organizations
- Work with our Beef Marketing Coordinator to provide concept ideas and content for advertising and promotional campaigns produced for the beef program including the annual Beef Sire Directory, Fall Update, newsletters, Beef Banter and print advertising
- Provide information and articles that can be used on Facebook, social media, and in our promotional efforts
- Prepare marketing reports by tracking, analyzing and summarizing sales data
- Track product line sales and create business plans for growing respective product lines
- Support growth objectives by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different ideas and requests to position Select Sires Beef as a leader
International Product Management and Support
- Support international beef growth by proactively planning, communicating and developing inventory to meet demands for international beef markets
- Develop relationships and provide support to beef personnel in key international beef markets
- Provide sales training and marketing support, champion acquisition needs, and serve as the liaison with the Select Sire beef department
- Work with the Beef Product Manager to provide input into collections, inventories, and semen distribution to meet international needs
- Coordinate all pricing and availability of beef semen for international markets
- Assist with sire selection and evaluation as well as contract negotiation when requested
Beef Product Support
- Provide sire acquisition and marketing input from the field to the beef team to ensure our genetics, programs and services are market driven.
- Become familiar with the genetic and phenotypic attributes of the SS beef lineup and assist clients & sales force with all inquiries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or related field with preference given to candidates with a Beef Industry emphasis
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the beef industry
- Preference given to training and sales team experience
- Self-starter, capable of prioritizing a wide variety of tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft® Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Organized and able to plan and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel extensively (~ 50%)
- Clean driving record
We believe that people truly are the cornerstone of our success. At Select Sires, we demand the best of ourselves, our company and are truly passionate for what we do for our customers. To attain this goal, we want to surround ourselves with the best, the brightest and the most aggressive professionals. At Select Sires, you will be part of the solution to make a difference to address the world’s growing food requirements with environmentally sustainable solutions.
Intention is for this position to be based at Select Sires headquarters in Plain City, Ohio. Qualified candidates must submit résumé with salary requirements and employment history by Friday, September 14, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 614.733.3470.
All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview. Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Laboratory and Processing Technician - Plain City, OH
We are actively seeking a passionate, highly-motivated individual for the position of Laboratory and Processing Technician for the Plain City, Ohio office to work in a team environment. Position serves as floater employee for all positions in the semen production and processing laboratories to evaluate, process, freeze, cane and move high quality semen from Laboratory Department through Processing Department to Shipping Department.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm, subject to change to meet departmental needs. Occasional overtime and/or weekend work will be required. This non-exempt position reports to the Processing Coordinator (Bill Cremeans).
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate motility and concentration of world-renowned bull semen
- Enter data in proprietary computer processing program
- Verify calculations
- Pipette and extend semen
- Print packages using jet print system
- Fill, seal, rack, freeze, and store straws
- Set-up, clean, and restock laboratory
- Sanitize glassware and equipment
- Operate any equipment needed to perform job
- Detect and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the laboratory and/or production supervisor
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
Skills required are:
- Computer proficiency
- Will train to use proprietary programs and software
- Proficient in basic laboratory procedures – microscopy, pipetting, and dilution
- Able to work meticulously with detail and high emphasis on quality
- Ability to prioritize tasks while working independently and under time constraints
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fundamental understanding of AI industry
- Associate Degree or higher in Animal or Dairy Science, preferred but not required
Current employees should complete an internal application (available at the Receptionist Desk) and submit to Cathy Miller (Manager of Human Resources). Non-employees should complete a job application available at the Receptionist Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Review of applications and interviews will commence immediately and will end when the position is filled. Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Background check and pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. All applicants will be given full consideration, but are not guaranteed an interview.
Ohio Livestock Technicians
Select Sires, Inc. is seeking several Livestock Technicians. Work schedules and duties vary per facility for these non-exempt positions. All work schedules are subject to change to meet departmental needs. Candidate must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized
Kellgren and Hecker Centers - Reports to Joel Boysel/Lance Ridge
Livestock Technician duties include, but are not limited to:
- Bull handling for semen collection
- Stall cleaning, feeding, any and all related barn chores
- Other tasks as assigned
The work schedule is based on ten (10) hour days and four (4) days per week, rotational scheduling requires some weekend work. The hours are 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Overtime opportunities are available.
HDQ Chichester Center - Reports to Jim Pond and Dave Adkins
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing complete care of bulls and animals to include reporting health and condition, assisting with feeding and stall management
- Assisting with the management of silos and related equipment
- Cleaning hay and feed storage barns
The work schedule is 4:30 am to 1:00 pm on rotating days that include working some weekends. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs for this non-exempt position.
Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and free Milk and Coffee throughout the work week.
Candidates must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized. Please complete a job application available at the Receptionist Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Beef Sales Representatives
Want to join a fun, hardworking, progressive group of people that are team-oriented and focused on customer success? Select Sires is seeking independent Beef Sales Representatives (BSR).
We are looking for highly motivated, sales professionals interested in developing a business that provides leading genetic and reproductive services to beef producers in their local area. Expect unmatched field support, industry leading training, access to the highest fertility semen and most complete beef sire line-up in the industry, all backed by a team of people dedicated to helping you grow your business.
A successful Beef Sales Representative may have a 2 to 4 year degree in an agricultural related field or equivalent experience, sales experience, strong community and industry relationships, and a passion for beef genetics, reproduction, and customer success.
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
If you are passionate about beef genetics, reproduction and customer success and are looking to develop your own business, contact us at:
Select Sires Beef Department
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Background checks and a pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. All applicants will be given full consideration, but are not guaranteed an interview.