Select Sires Inc. Employment Opportunities
Select Sires is a dynamic global organization that is committed to developing and delivering innovative genetic solutions. We believe that people truly are the cornerstone of our success.
At Select Sires, you will be part of the solution to make a difference to address the world’s growing food requirements with environmentally sustainable solutions.
Communications Specialist (Plain City, OH)
Select Sires Inc. is seeking an innovative and creative communications specialist. As a vital member of the communications team at Select Sires Inc., the communications specialist provides creative development for various product lines and departments. Responsibilities include designing and producing materials to support Select Sires’ brand image, dairy genetics product line and specific programs, sire summaries, selectsires.com, and other sales and marketing activities all within budgetary restrictions and approved timelines as defined by the director of communications.
Major duties include:
Advertising – Primary focus is Holstein lineup and promotional materials. Design and develop advertisements for national publications with input from sales and marketing. Develop brochures or fliers on an as-needed basis.
Social Media – Manage and maintain one of Select Sires’ social media channels. Collaborate with team members to plan and create dynamic content for various social media channels.
Sire Summary Projects – Design and complete the Holstein sire directory both domestic and international, and point-of-sale fliers and statement stuffers from content provided by sales and marketing. Assist with other projects as assigned by the director of communications.
Customer Newsletter – Work closely with another communications team member to plan, develop and distribute Selections, Select Sires’ international customer newsletter. Effectively communicate with contributors to the piece and provide thoughtful, constructive edits.
Other duties include:
- Detailed proofreading of all external pieces created by the communications team
- Effectively communicate with all levels of technical and business resources
- Effectively communicate relevant project information, including project changes and challenges as they arise, to the director of communications
- Ensure all projects are consistent with the corporate look and brand image including style, tone and quality
- Suggest new ideas/concepts/technology to improve marketing and/or communications team effectiveness
- Operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Attend conferences and events as needed to fulfill job responsibilities and complete projects
- Some travel is necessary, including overnight travel, and this position periodically requires extended hours and possible weekends
- Additional duties as assigned by the director of communications
Skills required include:
- Degree in dairy or animal sciences, marketing/communications, multimedia design or public relations or related work experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency within Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to consult and collaborate with diverse individuals and departments on complex marketing or training issues, as well as ability to evaluate and present effective solutions
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within communications and design areas
- Have strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and reprioritize as necessary in order to meet deadlines
- Possess strong teamwork and communication skills to work proactively and effectively with marketing and communications team members, IT resources, outside vendors, and member staff to deliver projects within timelines and budgets
- Be organized and self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a passion for and commitment to the dairy and beef industries through strong involvement in related organizations or prior experiences and/or background within the industry. A firm knowledge of these industries as well as artificial insemination is a must.
A portfolio of work samples (online or pdf format preferred) will be required at interview.
The position is located at Select Sires Inc. headquarters in Plain City, Ohio.
Qualified candidates should email a résumé with salary requirement and employment history to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on November 7, 2019. Review of résumés and interviews may commence prior to November 7, 2019.
All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview. Pre-employment drug screen and background checks are mandatory.
Beef Sales Representatives
Want to join a fun, hardworking, progressive group of people that are team-oriented and focused on customer success? Select Sires is seeking independent Beef Sales Representatives (BSR).
We are looking for highly motivated, sales professionals interested in developing a business that provides leading genetic and reproductive services to beef producers in their local area. Expect unmatched field support, industry leading training, access to the highest fertility semen and most complete beef sire line-up in the industry, all backed by a team of people dedicated to helping you grow your business.
A successful Beef Sales Representative may have a 2 to 4 year degree in an agricultural related field or equivalent experience, sales experience, strong community and industry relationships, and a passion for beef genetics, reproduction, and customer success.
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
If you are passionate about beef genetics, reproduction and customer success and are looking to develop your own business, contact us at:
Select Sires Beef Department
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Background checks and a pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. All applicants will be given full consideration, but are not guaranteed an interview.