Select Sires Inc. Employment Opportunities
Select Sires is a dynamic global organization that is committed to developing and delivering innovative genetic solutions. We believe that people truly are the cornerstone of our success.
At Select Sires, we demand the best of ourselves, our company and are truly passionate for what we do for our customers. To attain this goal, we want to surround ourselves with the best, the brightest and the most aggressive professionals. At Select Sires, you will be part of the solution to make a difference to address the world’s growing food requirements with environmentally sustainable solutions.
Vice President of Latin America Markets and Dairy Sire Services
Select Sires, Inc., a dynamic global organization committed to developing and delivering innovative genetic solutions, seeks a Vice President of Latin America Markets and Dairy Sire Services for its’ headquarters facility located in Plain City, Ohio. The VP will manage and supervise a staff to oversee the exportation of product and administrative functions for all Latin America countries orders. The successful candidate must be a strategic planner who can provide leadership and direction for sales and marketing activities in the Latin America marketplace with subsidiaries, distributors, and agents in those markets to identify and develop dairy and beef markets. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally, as it is essential to providing leadership in order to produce desired business results in Latin America. This position will report to the Chief Development Officer.
- Responsible for sales and marketing activities in the Latin America marketplace
- Provide leadership direction and supervision for a team of Latin America sales managers
- Develop the sales management plan with local support to grow and optimize said markets
- Manage pricing, inventory, and marketing materials
- Manage customer service and product distribution for Latin America markets
- Establish and reinforce a premium brand image in Latin America for Select Sires, Accelerated Genetics, and Genervations product lines
- Manage a personnel team that includes customer service, order management, and shipping
- Provide leadership and direction for Dairy Sires Services and able to
- Provide an effective platform for training and development for individuals providing consultative services to global dairy customers.
- Work with member and global partner organizations to determine needed tools and technology to provide genetic consulting
- Coordinate with internal departments to develop, implement and train global personnel with tools and technology.
- Administer the sales and expense budget for Latin America and Dairy Sire Services
Qualified candidate will have five years of experience in these areas, a demonstrated understanding of agriculture and animal breeding, and a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or an equivalent
combination of work experience and education. Candidate must:
- Maintain professional and effective relationships consistent with company objectives and image
- Have strong time management and organizational skills
- Have advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database tools
- Be an exceptional communicator, both verbal and written
- Be willing to travel
Qualified candidates should submit resume with salary requirement and employment history to email@example.com by February 28, 2019. Select Sires Inc is a drug-free workplace. Background checks and pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
Livestock Technician - Darby Creek and Calf Campus (Plain City, Ohio)
Select Sires, Inc. is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Livestock Technician. This position is located at Darby Creek Isolation and Calf Campus facility. Candidate must be self- directed, detail- oriented, and organized.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Provide complete care of bulls residing at the Darby Creek Farm Isolation facility and Select Sires’ Calf Campus.
- Assist with maintenance and care of DCF- Isolation facility, Calf Campus, and feed and storage buildings.
- Assist with solid waste management at DCF-Isolation facility and Calf Campus.
The work schedule is Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Some mandated weekend and overtime work is required. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs. This position reports to Larry Ropp, Supervisor and Janeen Hartman, Assistant Supervisor.
Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/ Dental/ Vision Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Current interested employees should return an Internal Application (available at Receptionist’s Desk) to Human Resources by noon on Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
Non- employees should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Livestock Technician (Westby, Wis.)
Select Sires, Inc. is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Livestock Technician. This position is located at our facility in Westby, Wisconsin. Candidate must be self- directed, detail- oriented, and organized.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling bulls for collection
- Providing complete care of bulls and animals to include reporting health and condition, assisting veterinarians with herd testing, and assisting with feeding and stall management and all related barn and farm chores
- Assisting with the management of facilities and equipment
- Assisting in farming and harvesting operations
The work schedule is Monday through Friday from 5:00 am to 1:30 pm. Holiday and weekend work on a rotating schedule is required. Other overtime opportunities may be required as needed. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs. Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/ Dental/ Vision Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Qualified candidates (internal and external) must submit resume with salary requirements and employment history by Friday, February 22, 2019 to email@example.com This is an hourly, nonexempt position and will report to the Westby facility Barn Supervisor. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
Ohio Livestock Technician
Select Sires, Inc. is seeking Livestock Technicians. Work schedules and duties vary per facility for these non-exempt positions. All work schedules are subject to change to meet departmental needs. Candidate must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized
Livestock Technician duties include, but are not limited to:
- Bull handling for semen collection
- Stall cleaning, feeding, any and all related barn chores
- Other tasks as assigned
Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and free Milk and Coffee throughout the work week.
Candidates must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized. Please complete a job application available at the Receptionist Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Beef Sales Representatives
Want to join a fun, hardworking, progressive group of people that are team-oriented and focused on customer success? Select Sires is seeking independent Beef Sales Representatives (BSR).
We are looking for highly motivated, sales professionals interested in developing a business that provides leading genetic and reproductive services to beef producers in their local area. Expect unmatched field support, industry leading training, access to the highest fertility semen and most complete beef sire line-up in the industry, all backed by a team of people dedicated to helping you grow your business.
A successful Beef Sales Representative may have a 2 to 4 year degree in an agricultural related field or equivalent experience, sales experience, strong community and industry relationships, and a passion for beef genetics, reproduction, and customer success.
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
If you are passionate about beef genetics, reproduction and customer success and are looking to develop your own business, contact us at:
Select Sires Beef Department
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Background checks and a pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. All applicants will be given full consideration, but are not guaranteed an interview.