Program for Genetic Advancement™ (PGA™)
Industry Leading Genetics
The dairy sire program at Select Sires has never been stronger. The genetic offering in our current lineup of dairy sires includes leading genetics in a variety of areas including durable and trouble-free cattle for commercial environments, high production, high final scores and show winners. Select Sires is on the cutting edge with the new genomic technology and the PGA program will play a key role in our future success.
Focused on Accuracy for You
- Industry's only true national proving program
- Organized so no more than 25 percent of the daughters are in any one part of the country
- Includes herds from 100 to 10,000 cows
- Includes large numbers of reference sires in most herds
- High selection pressure (1:10)
- Testing progeny daughters for parentage verification
- First A.I. program to use Marker Assisted Selection with the Igenity Profile
- Member of the CDDR (Cooperative Dairy DNA Repository)
- Heavily investing in genomic testing of sire candidates
Dtr. photos left-right: Dias & Dias Planet 769-Grade, SHINE daughters at Full Circle Dairy, Landon Farms Alexander 1090-Grade™Program for Genetic Advancement and PGA are trademarks of Select Sires Inc.